I. Register & Study For CA Foundation
1. Appear for Class 12 Examination and register with the Board of Studies of CA Institute to complete 4 months study period for
CA FOUNDATION (before 30th June/31st Dec for Nov/May Exam)
2. Collect Study Package and prepare for the exam by reading the study material.
3. After qualifying class 12th, and completing 4 months of study period after registration, appear in CA Foundation.
4. CA Foundation will be held in MAY and NOVEMBER Every Year.
II. CA Foundation At A Glance
1. It is a foundation level exam for Chartered Accountancy.
2. It is an exam of four subjects:
III. CA Intermediate
|Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Business Law (60) & Business Correspondence and Reporting (40) (100 Marks)
Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60) & Statistics (40) (100 Marks)
Paper 4: Business Economics (60) & Business and Commercial Knowledge (40) (100 Marks)
3. Paper 3 & Paper 4 will be objective type papers with negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
4. The exam is of 400 marks and passing marks are minimum 200, provided a student scores atleast 40 marks in all Four Papers.
1. Register with the Board of Studies of CA Institute for the Intermediate Course
2. After registering for CA Intermediate a candidate has to undergo a self study course of 8 months.
3. A candidate has to complete 4 Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) anytime after registering for
Intermediate Course but before commencement of the practical training.
4. The subjects of CA Intermediate are classified into two groups which a student can study and appear in the examination either group-wise or
both the groups together.
5. CA Intermediate exams are held in MAY and NOVEMBER Every Year.
6. The subjects of CA Intermediate are as follows:
|Paper 1: Accounting
Paper 2: Business Laws, Ethics & Communication
Paper 3: Cost Accounting & Financial Management
Paper 4: Taxation : I.Tax(60), GST(40)
||Paper 5: Advanced Accounting
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
Paper 7: Enterprise Information Systems(50) &
Paper 8: Financial Management(60) & Economics for Finance(40)
1. Articleship will start only after completion of ICITSS and after passing either GROUP I or GROUP II or both GROUPS of CA Intermediate.
2. Join Articleship under a practicing Chartered Accountant and undergo 3 years of training.
3. Complete Advanced Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology & Soft Skills (AICITSS) during the last 2 years of practical
training but before appearing in CA Final.
V. CA Final
1. After passing CA Intermediate, register for CA-Final Course.
2. Collect study material and study for final examination.
3. Appear for Final Examination after completing 2 1⁄2 years of practical training and complete balance 6 months of training.
4. Pass final examination and enroll for membership.
5. The subjects for CA-Final Course are:
|Paper 1: Financial Reporting
Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
Paper 4: Corporate and Economic Laws
||Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management & Performance Evaluation
Paper 6: Elective Paper (Out of 6 available options)
Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws(70) & International Taxation(30)
Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws