YOUR GATEWAY TO A CAREER IN COMPANY SECRETARYSHIP
A Prolific Career : Company SecretaryThe work and importance of a company secretary in a company is immense. The functions performed by a company secretary are varied like planning strategies, handling finance, legal and administrative operations. The company secretary also handles the sales taxes and the excise, labour and corporate laws. Basically a company secretary is the chief administrator in a company. Whenever a new operation or project is undertaken by a company, a company secretary is responsible for ensuring that it is in tune with Government laws and policies. A company secretary has to be updated with changes and amendments in the laws, financial practices and other such things for effectively performing the duties. A company secretary also plans the corporate meetings and records the various decisions taken by the management.
“The Institute of Company Secretaries of India ” (ICSI) is a premier National Professional body established by Act of Parliament to develop and regulate the Profession of Company Secretaries.
ICSI imparts training in Company Secretaryship by Distance Learning (by correspondence) enabling students to qualify as Company Secretaries. The Institute provides “Course Material” for all the subjects at the time of Registration. There is also provision for Optional Oral Coaching classes.
Career as a Company Secretary is not only prestigious and financially rewarding but also carries with it a high level of job satisfaction.
STEPS TO BE TAKEN TO BECOME A COMPANY SECRETARY
I. Register & Study For Foundation Programme
- After appearing in XII, register with CS Institute before 31th March and appear for CS Foundation in DECEMBER Exam.
OR Pass Class 12 (10+2) examination and register with the Institute before 30th September and appear in JUNE Exam
- The student is provided with study material and Self test papers for various subjects.
- Subjects of Foundation Programme are:
a)Business Environment and Entrepreneurship b)Business Management, Ethics And Communication
c) Business Economics d)Fundamentals of Accounting And Auditing
- Foundation Programme examination is held in JUNE and DECEMBER every year.
- Fees for CS Foundation Programme is Rs.4,500/–
Note:– Arts, Science, Commerce Graduates (excluding Fine Arts) and ICAI and ICWA passed students are exempted from passing the CS Foundation Programme.
II. Executive Programme of Company Secretaryship
6. Pass CS Foundation Programme examination and register for CS Executive Programme. Arts, Science, Commerce Graduates (excluding Fine Arts) and ICAI and ICWA passed students are exempted from passing the CS Foundation Programme.
a. Note:– A student must not be less than 17 years of age for Executive Programme registration. Registration is for a period of five (5) years.
7. CS Executive Programme comprises of 2 (two) Modules and a student will be eligible to appear for one or both modules depending on the month of his registration. The registration and eligibility for appearing in exam is as under:
|Candidates registered in||Eligible to appear in|
|June / July / August|
September / October / November
December / January / February
March / April / May
|Both modules of Executive Programme Examination to be held in June next year.|
One module of Executive Programme examination to be held in June next year.
Both modules of Executive Programme Examination to be held in December.
One module of Executive Programme examination to be held in December.
8. Before appearing for exam also undergo Computer training programme and SIP (Student Induction Programme) as may be specified from time to time by CS Institute.
9. The subjects of Executive programme are:
|MODULE I||MODULE II|
|I. Company Law|
II. Cost and Management Accounting
III. Economic and Commercial Laws
IV. Tax Laws and Practice
|V. Company Accounts and Auditing Practices|
VI. Capital Markets and Securities Laws
VII. Industrial, Labour and General Laws
11. Fees Payable: Rs 8,500/– (For CS Foundation Programme Students ), Rs.9,000/– (for Commerce Graduates and
Rs.10,000/–) (For Non-Commerce Graduates).
III. Professional Programme
12. After passing Executive Programme, register for Professional Programme 9 (nine) months prior to the month in which the examination commences.
13. The Professional Programme comprises of 3 (three) modules of three subjects each including 1 elective subject.
14. Undergo 15 months And/or 3months of training under a practicing Company Secretary.
15. Undergo Postal Tuition for all the Module and obtain Coaching Completion Certificate for appearing in the examination.
16. The subjects of Professional Programme are:
17. Fees Payable: Rs.12,000/–
|MODULE I||MODULE II|
|I. Advanced Company Law and Practice|
II. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
III. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency
|IV. Information Technology and Systems Audit|
V. Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
VI. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
|VII. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice|
VIII. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
VIIII. Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects
|X. Banking Law and Practice|
XI. Capital, Commodity and Money Market
XII. Insurance Law and Practice
XIII. Intellectual Property Rights - Law and Practice
XIV. International Business-Laws and Practices
A Company Secretary being multidisciplinary professional renders services in the following areas:
Corporate Governance and Secretarial Services
Corporate Laws Advisory and Representation Services
Financial Market Services
Company Secretaries in Practice render services in the following areas:
- Legal, Secretarial and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Foreign Collaborations and Joint Ventures
- Arbitration and Conciliation
- Financial Management
- Project Planning
- Capital Market and Investor Relations
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Advisory Services
- Act as an Independent Director
|For Details Contact:|
|CAPS GROUP OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS|
562, Behind KRIMS Hospital, Central Bazar Road, Ramdaspeth, Nagpur – 440010.
Tel. (0712) 2437798, 2467536, 2421562.
Website: capseducation.org, facebook.com/CAPSEducation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|ICSI Nagpur Branch Address: 3rd floor, Avinasha Towers, Mehadia Square, Dhantoli, Nagpur – 13. Tel. no. 2453276 Timing – 11.30 am to 04.30 pm Mon to Sat|