YOUR GATEWAY TO A CAREER IN CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY
STEPS TO BE TAKEN TO BECOME A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT
I. Register & Study For Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
- Pass Class 10 Examination and register with the Board of Studies of CA Institute for COMMON PROFICIENCY TEST (CPT)
- Collect Study Package and prepare for the test by reading the study material.
- Simultaneously study and appear for 12th (10+2) Examination.
- After appearing for 12th appear in Common Proficiency Test.
- CPT exams are held in JUNE and DECEMBER Every Year.
II. Common Proficiency Test At A Glance
- It is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy.
- It is a test of four subjects:
(a) Accounting (60 Marks) (b) Mercantile Laws (40 Marks)
(c) General Economics (50 Marks) (d) Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
- CPT is an objective type test with negative marking of 0.25 marks for choosing wrong options.
- The test is of 200 marks and passing marks are 100.
- The test is divided into two sessions of two hours each with a break in between
III. Intermediate (IPC) Course (IPCC)
- A candidate is eligible for enrolment for IPCC on passing the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and 12th (10+2) Examination.
- After registering for IPCC a candidate has to undergo a self study course of 9 months.
- A candidate has to complete Orientation Programme of 35 Hours and 100 Hours of Information Technology Training (ITT) during the study course of 9 Months and then appear for IPCC exam.
- The subjects of IPCC are classified into two groups which a student can study an appear in the examination either group-wise or both the groups together.
- In order to qualify for Articleship (3 years) it is mandatory for a student to Pass GROUP I of IPCC.
- The subjects of IPCC are as follows:
|GROUP I||GROUP II|
|Paper 1: Accounting|
Paper 2: Business Laws, Ethics & Communication
Paper 3: Cost Accounting & Financial Management
Paper 4: Taxation
|Paper 5: Advanced Accounting |
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
Paper 7: Information Technology & Strategic Management
7. IPCC exams are held in MAY and NOVEMBER Every Year
|Alternatively there is a Direct Entry Scheme to Intermediate (IPC) Course (i.e. without having to clear CPT) for|
Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (with aggregate of at least 55% marks)
Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (with aggregate of at least 60% marks)
Candidates who have passed Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
Candidates who have passed Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICWAI)
IV. CA – Final
- After passing IPCC, register for CA-Final Course.
- Collect study material and study for final examination.
- Join Articleship under a practicing Chartered Accountant and undergo 3 years of training.
- Undergo First General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) course (15 days) during the first year of articled training.
- Undergo Second General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) course (15 days) after completion of 18 months of articled training but before completion of articled training. Alternatively, attend Four Week’s Residential Programme on Professional Skills Development.
- Complete Advance Information Technology Training during the third year of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.